- Find out tips to have interaction with Jenkins from inside of Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ IDEA
- Develop customized suggestions that act upon Jenkins details in genuine time
- A step by step, useful consultant that will help you know about extension issues in present plugins and the way to construct your personal plugin
Jenkins CI is the prime open resource non-stop integration server. it's written in Java and has a wealth of plugins to aid the development and checking out of just about any venture. Jenkins helps a number of software program Configuration administration instruments similar to Git, Subversion, and Mercurial.
This e-book explores and explains the numerous extension issues and customizations that Jenkins deals its clients, and teaches you the way to enhance your personal Jenkins extensions and plugins.
First, you are going to easy methods to adapt Jenkins and leverage its skills to empower DevOps, non-stop Integration, non-stop Deployment, and Agile initiatives. subsequent, you'll find out the way to lessen the price of glossy software program improvement, bring up the standard of deliveries, and thereby decrease the time to marketplace. we are going to additionally train you the way to create your individual customized plugins utilizing Extension points.
Finally, we'll enable you mix every thing you realized over the process the e-book into one real-world scenario.
What you'll learn
- Retrieve and act upon Jenkins info in actual time
- Find out tips on how to engage with Jenkins via various IDEs
- Develop your individual shape and enter validation and customization
- Explore how Extension issues paintings, and advance your personal Jenkins plugin
- See the right way to use the Jenkins API and command-line interface
- Get to grasp the best way to remotely replace your Jenkins configuration
- Design and boost your personal details Radiator
- Discover how Jenkins customization may also help increase caliber and decrease costs
About the Author
Donald Simpson is a knowledge know-how advisor established in Scotland, UK.
He makes a speciality of supporting businesses enhance the standard and decrease the price of software program improvement during the adoption of method automation and Agile methodologies.
Starting out as a Java developer, Donald's curiosity in program servers, networking, and automation led him to a occupation as a construct engineer. He is still hugely technical and hands-on and enjoys studying approximately new applied sciences and discovering how one can automate and increase handbook processes.
He may be reached at www.donaldsimpson.co.uk.
Table of Contents
- Preparatory Steps
- Automating the Jenkins UI
- Jenkins and the IDE
- The API and the CLI
- Extension Points
- Developing your personal Jenkins Plugin
- Extending Jenkins Plugins
- Testing and Debugging Jenkins Plugins
- Putting issues Together